2023-2024 School Year
The Watch D.O.G.S. (Dads of Great Students) program is designed for “Father figures” to provide positive male role models for the students, demonstrating by their presence that education is important. Meanwhile, providing extra sets of eyes and ears to enhance school security, reduce bullying and provide a greater sense of campus safety allowing students and teachers to focus on learning. We welcome "father figures" of all kinds - Dad, Uncle, Grandfather, etc.
This program serves to bring communities closer together. Our purpose is to provide support to our educators and encouragement to our children. To learn more about the national program, please visit the official website: https://dadsofgreatstudents.com/about/
* You MUST be logged in to your PTA Member account to access the Watch D.O.G.S. Sign-Up**
- You must be a member of the Fisher PTA in order to participate.
- All participants are required to complete the VOLY Volunteer Application prior to their scheduled day. The application/background check must be completed each school year. You can check your Voly account or if you need help confirming your volunteer status, please email Marcy Martin at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Fisher PTA, Fisher Elementary and/or Watch DOGS shirts are encouraged to be worn but are not required. Stickers will be available for you on your day.
- As a reminder, firearms are strictly forbidden on all Frisco ISD campuses, including Fisher Elementary.
Fisher Watch DOGS spend the day helping in a variety of ways including teacher projects, interacting with students and campus safety. To become a Watch DOG, please carefully review the following information.
- You may sign up for ONE day to serve as Watch DOG during the school year. This will allow us to accommodate all interested parents, guardians and/or grandparents. Please note that participation is per family, not per child.
- There will be a waitlist if all available days fill up.
- The number of days may be increased in the spring if the waitlist warrants it.
- If your desired day is not available, email Craig Winkler at email@example.com to be added to the waitlist.
What to Expect:
- Arrive at 7:20 am to assist with carpool drop off, greeting students and assisting staff/teachers.
- Check-in with the office to receive your list of projects for the day, including:
- Morning announcements
- Checking the doors to make sure they are secured and locked
- Setting up the cafeteria for lunches
- Special projects identified by staff/teachers
- Lunch/recess with your student
- Spending time in classrooms
- The day is complete after dismissal.
- It is understandable that participants have jobs and other responsibilities. With that said, the schedule is flexible if you need to arrive late, leave during the day and/or leave early.
- Dress for comfort! Watch DOGS spend a lot of time on their feet, both indoors and outdoors.